Join the Duke Environmental Law & Policy Forum on November 22, 2019 for its Fall Symposium, Climate Policy in Practice. This Fall’s Symposium will focus on current climate policy in the United States and the roles litigation, regulation, and innovation can play in addressing climate change.
If you are interested in attending, please fill out this link. Attendance is open to the public.
Duke University School of Law, Room 3037
210 Science Drive
Durham, NC 27708
Paid parking is available on Science Drive across from the Fuqua School of Business. Please see the Duke parking map for more information.
Schedule of Events:
8:30am to 9am: Breakfast
9am to 9:15am: Introductory Remarks
– Drew Shindell, Duke Nicholas School of the Environment
9:15am to 10:45am: Panel 1 – “Litigation,” moderated by Ryke Longest, Duke Law
– Bethany Davis Noll, NYU Institute for Policy Integrity
– Ama Francis, Sabin Center for Climate Change Law
– Alison Kelly, NRDC
– Jonas Monast, UNC Center on Climate, Energy, Environment, & Economics
11am to 12:30pm: Panel 2 – “Regulation,” moderated by Michelle Nowlin, Duke Law
– Luis Martinez, NRDC
– Jonathan Skinner-Thompson, University of Colorado Law School
– Jeremy Tarr, Office of Governor Cooper
12:30pm to 1pm: Lunch (Served on a first come, first served basis)
1pm to 2:30pm: Panel 3 – “Innovation,” moderated by Deborah Gallagher, Duke Nicholas School of the Environment
– Tobin Freid, Durham County Sustainability Office
– Matt Kopac, Burt’s Bees
– Ela Eskinazi, Bank of America
– Crystal Dreisbach, Don’t Waste Durham
Please check back for updates!